Fwd: Avalon?

From: Madeleine Rothberg <madeleine_rothberg@wgbh.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:52:05 -0400
To: Post WAI list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Microsoft spoke about this at CSUN, and a brief item appears in the

I didn't hear the word Avalon, but I did hear "UI Automation." Except
that when you say it fast it comes out as "UI-tomation." I don't see
anything on the Microsoft website, but a quick google shows they are
talking about it at various conferences.

The word is, there will be no more screen scraping. No more hacking the
interface to dig out clues. All info will come through UI Automation,
and it will be so valuable for automated testing that developers will
want to use it.