RE: Avalon?

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:06:54 -0400
To: "Pawson, David" <David.Pawson@rnib.org.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> Anyone any further info on this?
> http://www.hanselman.com/blog/AvalonAutomationAndAccessibility.aspx

> Avalon UI Automation is the replacement for MSAA and it is
> being built by the Accessibility team at MS.

I have heard of it, but have not been following its development closely.  Longhorn still seems a ways off.

> Seems half rumor, half information.

That entry is eighteen months old, but the "Microsoft Insider" he quotes is none other than Madelyn Bryant McIntire!  I am surprised that well regarded Softies cruise blogs, let alone post with their real names.  Still, why would someone pick her name to spoof?