Re: accessible on-line survey

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 01:06:21 +1000
To: "Jennifer Sutton" <jensutton@earthlink.net>, "W3C WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>

Hi Annmarie,

the best thing I have come across for this is W3C's WBS system. Although
it isn't the most beautiful, I know i has been regularly used with success
by screen reader users and others with different disabilities, and I
believe it is free Open Source*. Setting up or editing a survey is as
accessible as filling one out as a participant (and similar, which is
nice).

I discovered, trying to look now, that its home page -
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/showwb - is password protected so I can't
check on what it is up to, and it may not have a lot of documentation. But
if you were thinking of designing your own I think the effort would be
better put into doing some of the documentation and usabiity tweaks that
would improve WBS as a resource for everyone - it should be easier, and
have a greater benefit both for you and for others.

cheers

Chaals

--
Charles McCathieNevile                      Fundacion Sidar
charles@sidar.org   +61 409 134 136    http://www.sidar.org