Re: accessible on-line survey

From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 09:31:21 -0400
To: W3C WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Dear Annmarie and others who may be interested:

My research into the accessibility of online (commercially available)
survey software indicates that the results are not ideal for screen reader
users.  I have not found a tool that renders what I consider to be
accessible output with a screen reader, at least from the user-experience
perspective.  I have not researched back-end accessibility.

My short answer would be -- build your own.

I would, however, be interested to hear of others' experiences and/or tools
that do a good job, of which I am unaware. Perhaps things have improved in
the months since I last focused on this issue.

Best,
Jennifer