Re: HTML Table Markup

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:14:06 -0500
To: tina@greytower.net
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> Let your tool flag any table without a th as a potential misuse of
tables,
> and move on.

Tina, that's my proposal - to examine each table and determine if it needs
TH elements.  If the TH is needed it is added, if it is not (no "potential
misuse"), then the null summary is added as a flag to tell that the
examination has been preformed.  Again, my proposal is to flag those not
needing TH elements with null summary attribute.  The only way I know to
move on is to leave some change in the markup to indicate that TH is not
needed versus it hasn't been examined yet.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins