How to move the cursor from one Frame to another

From: Francois Jordaan <Francois.Jordaan@wheel.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:37:15 +0100
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Simple question for the benefit of screen reader users and
keyboard-navigators:

Can I provide a link from one frame into another that doesn't involve
re-loading the second frame?

I'm providing a "jump to content" link at the start of the page, only the
content happens to be in another frame. (I know frames are bad; it happens
to be unavoidable on this one particular page.)

At the moment my best idea is to put the anchor (the target of the <a
href="#content"> link) at the *end* of the first frame. I expect the screen
reader to then announce the start of the next frame, titled "Content". That
sounds OK.

But then, what do I do to let the user return to the navigation in the
previous frame?

francois

Wheel Group, Beaumont House, Kensington Village, Avonmore Road,  London W14
8TS
www.wheel.co.uk

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs.