Re: [WAI-IG] How to move the cursor from one Frame to another

From: James Craig <wai-ig@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:45:29 -0600
To: Francois Jordaan <Francois.Jordaan@wheel.co.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Francois Jordaan wrote:

> Can I provide a link from one frame into another that doesn't involve
> re-loading the second frame?

You could probably use JavaScript. I haven't used frames in a few years
so the syntax may be off, but it would be something like this:

onclick="return
!(top['frameName'].document.getElementById('anchorId').focus());"

Leave the regular target and href value that you already have in the
link. If the JavaScript doesn't work (or is disabled or unavailable), it
will return true and the regular HTML link will work. If JavaScript is
on, it will focus the right spot without reloading the frame.

Note: The source files of both frames should be on the same web server
or you may get a security warning.

Good luck,
James Craig

--