RE: Joe wrote: "There is no plan of action available to you in order to accommodate learning-disabled visitors"

From: RUST Randal <RRust@COVANSYS.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:52:43 -0500
To: "WAI-IG" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Jonathan Chetwynd said:

> there is also now a graphical browser
> http://www.widgit.com/products/webwise/browser.htm
> that provides symbols (along with text), known to many users, but
> unfortunately currently not widely available on the web, due to
> copyright issues.

Don't get me wrong, Jonathan, I do believe that we need to make a
sincere effort to assist the learning disabled. However, even in a
graphical environment, does an arrow pointing left mean the same thing
across all cultures, to all people?

When it comes to accessibility, the goal is to provide access for all,
regardless of circumstance. Not just access to users, which I'm sure you
would agree with.

Randal Rust
Covansys Corp.
Columbus, OH