Re: Fieldset legend text doesn't wrap

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 22:04:35 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> I'd say that the fieldset wrapping, or not, is one of those limitations
> on par with current CSS' lack of control of the finer display details

CSS will never have control of such things as CSS only provides hints
to the user agent.  The reason that form controls aren't affected is
that they are directly mapped onto native controls, which I believe
is very much in line with the HTML philosophy.

A lot of people want CSS to have control, and override the OS, but that
is confusing for users, as it means every site has its own look and
feel (already a problem), and really indicates that a lot of people
haven't bought the HTML concept and are using it for unsound reasons.