Re: Lists of Links - Separator Character Required?

On 24 May, Matthew Smith wrote:

> My question is:  are there really any user agents out there which will try to
> run the contents of two <li></li>s together so that a separator character is
> really required?  I would have thought that having the links as separate list

  A list of links is indeed the best way to handle a menu - yes.
  Structurally there would be no need for a separator I'd think, but
  visually ... it is easy to imagine a situation in which such a list,
  whilst still structurally a list, is rendered differently - say with
  each list item adjacent to eachother on a line.

  If any assistive technology now makes use of the structure there is no
  problem. However, if it simply enlarges the visual screen ... then it
  might be difficult to tell these list items apart.

  I'd suggest using a list for menu items, and put a "," between each.
  As always, it is impossible to predict how ALL UAs and ATs would
  behave.

   [+46] 0708 557 905