Lists of Links - Separator Character Required?

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:41:42 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Greetings

I am working on a Web front end for a database.  I create a page containing a
list of record titles.  These titles are links to edit the corresponding record.

Some tools say that a separator character is still required between adjacent links.

My question is:  are there really any user agents out there which will try to
run the contents of two <li></li>s together so that a separator character is
really required?  I would have thought that having the links as separate list
items should be enough and that also the best way to handle a list of links is
in a list!

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy