Re: fixed font size

From: James Craig <wai-ig@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:54:46 -0500
To: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>

Joe Clark wrote:

> > I think with IE6 on board, the only way I can overcome his
> > font size is by using my own CSS in the cascade?
>
> Use a better browser.
>
> Some of us are tired of IE/Windows users thinking their browser is the
> only one in the universe and that its behaviour is the default around
> which the universe revolves.

Amen. Although, if you decide you absolutely need to use Internet
Explorer, I've outlined a few ways to override its incorrectly
implemented font sizes. Some require the author to set things up
correctly. Most require the user to take control of their software.

<http://cookiecrook.com/sxsw/2004/demo/>

A follow-up is still forthcoming. I just haven't had time to write
anything yet.

James

--
http://cookiecrook.com/