Re: Unicode and accessibility

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 11:55:48 -0500
To: Andy Heath <a.k.heath@shu.ac.uk>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I agree.  I think this an important issue for functional
versus technical accessibility.  Without language information
in markup, there is vertually no way a speech user knows when
to switch languages.  Especially where two or more languages
are used on the same page.  Which is common for web based
instructional resources to teach languages.