Re: Using Frames - what problems do screen readers have?

From: Julian Voelcker <asp@tvw.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:00:07 GMT
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi Bob,

> but the real question is "does the frame and feature rich
> environment" actually add real usefulness to the site??? or are they just
> "eye candy"

It's or a complex on line database application, using frames makes it a lot
easier for splitting up the data enabling us to display/modify subsets of
the data without having to refresh everything on the screen.

> how do you know this??

The application is being deployed to a closed group of users in a corporate
environment so we know what they are using and can to a degree dictate a
minimum software/hardware specification

We are just looking now at altering the application to make it accessible
in case we have a user in the future with disabilities.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom