re: "Special message to website creators"

From: Jon Gibbins <jon@nov5th.plus.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:43:39 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

 > I personaly prefer to not to create links opening into
 > new windows and I know this can also raise other
 > issues

Hi all - right, first-post-from-me salutations done. =)

Firstly, the discussions in this group have really helped to further
open my eyes to Web Accessibility issues. Thanks.

I've been thinking about the "open link in new window" debate, and I
agree with the idea of maintaining browsing continuity - am in the
process of reviewing some of the sites I have designed!

I don't know if this has been said before, but doesn't Windows default
to opening each folder in new windows? Apologies if I'm wrong, but I
just find that interesting... I think that has changed for XP though,
and folders open in the same window by default.

Jon Gibbins
*learning lots about accessible Web design*