Question about semantics & meaning of live text logo.

From: Daniel Smith <websounding@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:34:27 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hi all. Thanks again for the existence of this list.

I am developing a site presently, and for various reasons I would like to
use a text symbol as a logo. Would anyone mind speaking to the issues
involved with this? For example, if I wanted to use a very large right arrow
(>) or caret (^), alongside or above the company name, what should I take
into consideration concerning making this accessible and not causing merely
personal or text reader confusion? In a way I would hope that the symbol
could eventually become synonymous with the site (among its audience). Can
you provide alt text on text, etc.? Thanks for any possible feedback.

Yours,

Daniel Smith