RE: Question about semantics & meaning of live text logo.

From: Daniel Smith <websounding@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:58:47 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

>Sorry, I should have mentioned that my solution was an
>"ideal world" scenario, more as a proof of concept than for
>deployment in a live (particularly commercial) situation.
>Disregarding the very valid point made, I'd be interested in
>knowing if the CSS approach is true to the spirit of
>structural markup.

Thank you very much for the responses. Part of the reason that I am asking
this is that I am not just looking at using the logo/name for desktop
browsers with accessibility concerns. I am also looking to publish it across
devices also (phones, handhelds, etc.) and I thought it might go easier on
bandwidth or storage in those situations to use just the text. I'll look
into it as I go and report back. Again, thanks.

Dan