RE: Question about semantics & meaning of live text logo.

From: Lauke PH <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:22:04 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> The main problem is that for most organisations the logo is
> *very* important. Your method will only work in IE6, later
> versions of Mozilla and Opera. :before  and :after
> pseudoclasses aren't supported by IE5.5 or lower so the
> information is lost for a large percentage of their potential
> browser audience.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that my solution was an
"ideal world" scenario, more as a proof of concept than for
deployment in a live (particularly commercial) situation.
Disregarding the very valid point made, I'd be interested in
knowing if the CSS approach is true to the spirit of
structural markup.

Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford