Click here

From: Lynn Alford <lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:40:17 +1000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Does anyone have or know of a good page that explains why "click here" is
bad linking practice?  I have tried various forms of gentle persuasion to
suggest that "click here" is not good.  I have mentioned that some browsers
can print a lovely table of urls and link text, at which point "click here"
is obviously useless.

It's a bad habit of some coworkers who don't want to think about link text
so they always use "click here".  I need truly excellent reasons to show
them the light.

Lynn

--
Lynn Alford, Multimedia Services        Tel     (07) 47 81 5525
Multimedia and Print Services           Fax:    (07) 47 81 4018