Re: This is obvious to me. Is anybody doing work on it?

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:33:31 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Mozilla/4.04 (Win95; I; ; IMP-CONT IMP-AUD)

The inappropriateness of further abusing user agent comments, and the
existing protocol have already been covered.  I'd just add that there
is actually a privacy issue with all content negotiation options - as
well as telling the site about you, if you specify enough, you get
a fairly unique signature that can be used for click trailing.

> IMP-VIS - the user is not able to perceive visual output

You can get quite close to this by:

Accept: image/*; q=0, */*; q=1

although, strictly speaking, this only prevents the direct provision
of an image, not the provision of text with embedded images.

Deleted 59 lines of invalid HTML.