This is obvious to me. Is anybody doing work on it?

From: Steve Carter <steve@juggler.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:21:41 -0000
To: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
When I started getting into web accessibility it immediately occurred to me how useful it would be for there to be some standard strings that could be inserted in the user-agent-string so for example instead of

Mozilla/4.04 (Win95; I)

you would have

Mozilla/4.04 (Win95; I; ; IMP-CONT IMP-AUD)

and the person building the web application could easily code in quick work arounds for any tricky accessibilty cases.  A quick brainstorm suggests

IMP-CONT - the user requests high contrast output
IMP-COLx - the user is colourblind (x denotes the type of impairment)
IMP-AUD - the user cannot reliably use auditory senses so please use visual
IMP-VIS - the user is not able to perceive visual output

Is anybody doing work in this direction?

Regards,

Steve.