RE: Legal requirements RE: statistics

From: Cynthia Waddell <Cynthia.Waddell@psinetcs.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 11:36:33 -0800
To: "David Poehlman" <poehlman1@home.com>, "Charles McCathieNevile" <charles@w3.org>, "SHARPE, Ian" <Ian.SHARPE@cambridge.sema.slb.com>
Cc: "WAI \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
The ADA Complaint filed against AOL included web issues in its complaint.

For a legal discussion of the case, please see my article, "The National
Federation of the Blind Sues AOL", published in the American Bar Association
magazine "Human Rights" in Volume 27, Issue #1, Winter 2000 at
http://www.abanet.org/irr/hr/winter00humanrights/waddell2.html.  The same
magazine also carried my legal article "Electronic Curbcuts: The ADA in
Cyberspace" at

Lastly, there is also the article, "Will the National Federal of the Blind
Renew their ADA Web Complaint against AOL?" which was published in the
National Disability Law Reporter, Volume 18, Issue 5, 24 August 2000, page
9, at http://www.icdri.org/aol_nfb.htm.

Other legal articles I have written on the AOL case are not currently
available through the Internet.  However, the International Center for
Disability Resources on the Internet has graciously offered space to post a
number of my legal papers and articles about technology and the web at

Best regards,
Cynthia Waddell

Cynthia D. Waddell, JD
Principal Consultant
Subject Matter Expert
Accessibility Center of Excellence
(800)547-5602 or Fax (800)228-8204

ACE Offices are located at San Jose, CA, Sacramento, CA and Raleigh, NC USA

San Jose Office:
PO BOX 5456
San Jose, California USA 95150-5456