RE: Legal requirements RE: statistics

From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@home.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:52:54 -0500
To: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have taken another look at the original sources of information on this
issue of aol vs nfb and even though the discussions about it envolve the
web, I see no indication in the original sources that this is the case.
I have been maintaining that this is the case since the day I read the
filing which was the day it came out and if the agreement referenced
below is any indication, It still holds.  I am not an legal authority or
student so am bound to not interpret but only read what is there and I
have utmost respect for those who opperate in this sphere so pleae
enlighten me with something I can find as a source rather than a third
person discussion as to the involvement of the web in this action.  here
is the url to the final agreement.
you can read the other sources near by.
http://www.nfb.org/Tech/accessibility.htm

I agree with the fundamental thoughts expressed in this thread
concerning the reasons for moving forward with accessibility but I also
feel that it is important to keep our facts streight.  I appologize if I
am indeed incorrect but in my discussions with many over the period
since the filing, I have been told that this has nothing to do with the
web.

Hands-On Technolog(eye)s
touching the internet
mailto:poehlman1@home.com