Re: Headers for tables used for layout

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:05:47 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> We may have been down this road already, but it would make a lot of sense to
> push for a standard like using summary="" (null, literally two quotes with

There would be so small a take up of the standard that it would be
ineffective.  You might also find that authoring tools started inserting
this as default anyway, or started adding summary="summarise the table
contents here".

Another factor is that the standardisation process has assumed the use
of style sheet positioning for four years now, so would consider it
standardisation in a dead end area.