default style sheets

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:34:51 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I've had a request
>I know there is a way of changing the colour of web pages, so that they
appear in a more readable colour. How do you do this? Is there a
way of making the layout less cluttered too?

Is there a repository for default style sheets?
ie ones that suit particular needs, and are usable by novices?

I tried one from here:
>Developers are encouraged to use it as a default style sheet in their

It created the worst crash I have had in many years. Ctrl-alt-del was
disabled, and on resetting the same (explorer) error was generated
had to reboot in safe mode and remove, not a great advertisement.

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory
on the web"