Re: default style sheets

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> I've had a request
> >I know there is a way of changing the colour of web pages, so that they
> appear in a more readable colour. How do you do this? Is there a

just be carefull.

some screen readers default to black and white, and some colors do not
have enough contrast to be read.  many default to blue on black
unbelievably hard to read, many times "looks" like a blank screen

Bob

> way of making the layout less cluttered too?
>
> so:
>
> Is there a repository for default style sheets?
> ie ones that suit particular needs, and are usable by novices?
>
> I tried one from here:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/sample.html
> >Developers are encouraged to use it as a default style sheet in their
> implementations.
>
> It created the worst crash I have had in many years. Ctrl-alt-del was
> disabled, and on resetting the same (explorer) error was generated
> repeatedly.
> had to reboot in safe mode and remove, not a great advertisement.
>
> tx
>

> jonathan chetwynd
> IT teacher (LDD)
> j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
> http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory
> on the web"

   /"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign       accessBob                       .-.
   \ /   NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail   accessys@smartnospam.net        /v\
    X    NO MSWord docs in e-mail    Access Systems, engineers      // \\
   / \   NO attachments in e-mail    equal access is a civil right /( _ )\
THIS message and any attachements are CONFIDENTIAL and may be
privleged.  They are intended ONLY for the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks