Accessibility and Pop-Up Ads

From: Hewitt, Denise <Denise.Hewitt@idea.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:17:58 -0400
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org '" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I honestly don't browse enough with lynx or a voice browser to really run
into a lot of pop up ads, but I just saw one which pretty much took over the
entire page at weather.com (for a war movie on HBO. Planes flew all over the
screen, and all sorts of other annoying things took place).

I guess i am wondering in what cases do banner ads / interstitial ads / etc
impact browsing, and second to that, if banner ads, etc cause enough of a
problem that they can make a page inaccessible.

I hope my questions make sense... any thoughts?

Denise