RE: does tabbing raise an alt tag? was Re: Tooltips in HTML

From: Jon Hanna <jon@spinsol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 11:30:19 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> (It may be that your browser is reprogrammable - some are to a
> certain extent
> - and you could do something like tell it to raise a tooltip on
> element focus. Of course the othre problem is that not every
> element can
> take focus
> in most browsers).

This is certainly possible with IE4+ using Browser Helper Objects.
Raising a toolTip would be awkward though probably doable, but
altering the status-bar text would be relatively easy. I'm pretty
busy right now but if anyone on the list thinks they would benefit
from such an object and wouldn't be able to program one themselves
I'll take a look at doing so (time allowing - no promises).