Re: does tabbing raise an alt tag? was Re: Tooltips in HTML

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 02:45:15 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
cc: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
This depends on the browser. So for your favourite browser maker, write
to them and ask for this feature to be included.

(It may be that your browser is reprogrammable - some are to a certain extent
- and you could do something like tell it to raise a tooltip on element
focus. Of course the othre problem is that not every element can take focus
in most browsers).

Cheers

Charles