Re: !title, !alt Re: Tooltips in HTML

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 04:31:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
cc: WAI IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Well, what iCab does (for mouseover) is to present something like:

title-value link to href-value in the window status - this could be done in
the same way as I proposed, by adding a bit more.

I agree that it isn't a universal solution, the universal solution is to fix
the browsers. As you pointed out, that takes a long time. I looked a bit into
Mozilla and it looks like it is not a complex programming job but requires
complex background knowledge I don't yet have. However, it should be possible
to fix that browser quite fast. I have taken this project to the evaluation
and repair tools group list, but I would suggest that without some input they
are not going to solve it by magic <sigh/> since they don't have a lot of
spare time.

The start of the thread in the ER group (in case anyone else here wants to
keep following it) is at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-er-ig/2001Jul/0047

cheers

Charles