RE: Best tools for accessible design?

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:39:59 -0700
To: "'Kristi R Schueler/NONFS/USDAFS'" <kschueler@fs.fed.us>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I highly recommend Allaire's HomeSite 4.5, possibly combined with Adobe's
Dreamweaver. I use it without Dreamweaver (which is quite expensive), but I
know many good developers who love Dreamweaver.

HomeSite puts the emphasis on hand-coding (while greatly easing the task),
but also offers a WYSIWYG mode. Haven't tried it, but you can download a
30-day trial version from Allaire and try it yourself.

http://www.allaire.com

I've tried many other authoring tools - including HotMetal Pro, FrontPage,
Dreamweaver, PageMill, and more - and I think that HomeSite is head and
shoulders above them all.

Charles F. Munat,
Seattle, Washington