Re: U.S. won't release new Web site regs for review

Actually, the government is not robbing us of our rights, but protecting
us.  i know this sounds paradoxical, but it is true.  For any NOI (notice
of inquiry), NPRM (notice of proposed rule making), etc.  the government
must follow the procedures established in the apa (i believe it is known as
the Americans procedural Act) of 1947, which outlines the procedures of
putting the NOI and NPRM out for comment for a specific time period.  The
problem is that when they do this and get a large response to a particular
NPRM, they (the government) is obligated to read each and every one of the
categories, if possible.  They do this with a limited staff.  This is not
to say that i don't get frustrated either, but just an expalnation of the
process.

Jeffrey Pledger