Re: U.S. won't release new Web site regs for review

At 03:26 PM 2000-02-25 -0600, Melinda Morris-Black wrote:
>I think you are correct about the bureaucracy part. However, being thorough
>can take time, if it's anything like our listserve. :)
>
>The linked announcement mentions that "..the standards will be published in
>the Federal Register and be made available for public comment", so it sounds
>like it will eventually be opened up.

Yes, a little Civics 101 is in order.  The Federal Register _is_ the
institution created expressly to make _sure_ citizens have the chance to
comment on things before they are imposed.

For more information, please consult

 Federal Register
 http://www.nara.gov/fedreg/index.html

Al