Re: Looking for accessible HTML materials

From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2000 14:50:23 -0400
To: "Charles F. Munat" <chas@munat.com>, "WAI Interest Group \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Charles,

A full on-line curriculum for teaching the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines is at
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/wcag-curric>. This curriculum includes extensive
examples of HTML markup, which could be helpful in your course.

Also some good HTML-related material in the Techniques document at
<http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS> although that's not in curriculum format.

- Judy

At 06:18 PM 6/2/00 -0700, Charles F. Munat wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I am going to be teaching a group of college students how to program in
>XHTML starting next week. I don't have time to write a textbook, but most of
>the HTML books or on-line materials I've seen don't teach accessible HTML. I
>don't have time to "unteach" them either. I'm wondering if anyone knows
>where I could find an on-line curriculum or a good book for this purpose.
>It's for a community service website that we'll be building here in Seattle
>(if I get enough volunteers).
>
>Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to respond off-line, but many
>others might be interested, too.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Charles F. Munat
>Munat, Inc.
>Seattle, Washington
>chas@munat.com

Director,Web Accessibility Initiative(WAI), World Wide Web Consortium(W3C)

WAI Interest Group home page: http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG