RE: Undue Burden and AOL

From: jeffrey pledger <jpledger@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 17:52:20 -0500
To: "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org>, "Waddell, Cynthia" <cynthia.waddell@ci.sj.ca.us>, "'Kynn Bartlett'" <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>, David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Leonard,

	Your analysis is correct except for one small detail.  There are alot more
deaf/hard of hearing users on the internet than you propose in your
analysis.

	What might be deemed as a compromise solution to the problem you bring up
is a phased approach to making one's site completely accessible.  For if
you could put the arguement for not making your multi-media files
accessible, why wouldn't the same arguement work for mot making the web
site accessible for the blind/visually impairred?

	Just something to ponder when you want to talk about accessibility over
the web.

Jeffrey Pledger