Re: Single Browser Intranets

From: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 18:43:31 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Hi,

I've gotten email from a blind user that he believes that Java and
Javascript doesn't add much.  I've also gotten email from an instructor
about how much students like his website because of the increased
interaction using Javascript.

This is a crux of the problem.  Who makes these decisions?  If blind
people can't use the technology, how can they evaluate its usefulness
for sighted people?  Similarly, who should tell blind people what access
technology to use?

Is it ethical for him not to use what he believes is better technology
for teaching students without disabilities if people with disabilities
cannot use the technology?

Scott