Re: Tech G19

Hi Roberto,

At 14:04 19/03/2009, Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:
>Hi all, i think there is a mistake here:
>

>http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/G19
>

>Note 1 said:
>
>---
>Note 1: This technique is stricter than the Level 1 Success Criteria but is
>easier to test and can be used to meet the Level 1 Success Criteria because
>all failure thresholds in the Level 1 Success Criteria involve flashing 3.5
>flashes or more within one second. (...)
>---
>
>But this Is a level 1 success criteria and i don't find any failure for the
>cited 3.5 flashes:
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/seizure-does-not-violate.html

Could you explain where the mistake is? The note does not refer to a
(non-existing) technique but just says "failure threshold" (general
flash and red flash thresholds are defined at
<http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/seizure-does-not-violate.html#general-thresholddef>).
That should be OK.
The WCAG WG chose not to write failures that would just state the
inverse of a sucess criterion.

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--