Re: Tech G19

From: Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:43:15 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi Roberto,

At 14:04 19/03/2009, Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:
>Hi all, i think there is a mistake here:
>Note 1 said:
>Note 1: This technique is stricter than the Level 1 Success Criteria but is
>easier to test and can be used to meet the Level 1 Success Criteria because
>all failure thresholds in the Level 1 Success Criteria involve flashing 3.5
>flashes or more within one second. (...)
>But this Is a level 1 success criteria and i don't find any failure for the
>cited 3.5 flashes:

Could you explain where the mistake is? The note does not refer to a
(non-existing) technique but just says "failure threshold" (general
flash and red flash thresholds are defined at
That should be OK.
The WCAG WG chose not to write failures that would just state the
inverse of a sucess criterion.

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

Christophe Strobbe