RE: Instant icon comprehension

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 08:52:20 -0400
To: "~:'' ????????????" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Cc: "WCAG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
> I wonder whether members can imagine the meaning and context.
> instantly?
> http://peepo.co.uk/temp/icon-test.jpg

I thought it was more about machinery than animals.

Here's my attempt at a purely *descriptive* (rather than intent-oriented) ALT attribute value:  Black broken hand print symbol on yellow warning triangle.  Part of the hand is missing, and the pinky finger is separated from the rest of the palm, by a serrated half circle.