RE: Validity as a technique

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:57:11 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Yvette Hoitink
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:48 PM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: Validity as a technique

It means that we say in techniques that valid code is necessary for things
that need to be determined. The reason for this is only when a page is valid
can you be sure that a parser can programmatically determine some property.

Roberto Scano:
With the current WD we have "programmatically determined" for example at:

- Level 1 Success Criteria for Guideline 1.3
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-WCAG20-GENERAL-20050630/content-structure-separ
ation-programmatic.html

Can someone tell me how we can guarantee all this without validity?
And we are talking to a level 1 SC....