RE: Validity as a technique

From: Yvette Hoitink <y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:32:19 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Yvette wrote:
> It means that we say in techniques that valid code is
> necessary for things that need to be determined. The reason
> for this is only when a page is valid can you be sure that a
> parser can programmatically determine some property.
>
> Roberto Scano:
> With the current WD we have "programmatically determined" for
> example at:
>
> - Level 1 Success Criteria for Guideline 1.3
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-WCAG20-GENERAL-20050630/content-s
> tructure-separ
> ation-programmatic.html
>
> Can someone tell me how we can guarantee all this without validity?
> And we are talking to a level 1 SC....

Did you understand my proposal?

I agree with you that validity is a great factor in making sure things can
be programmatically determined which is why I want to include it in the
techniques for all these success criteria. I don't see why it is necessary
to put it in the guidelines as well.

Yvette Hoitink
Heritas, Enschede, the Netherlands
E-mail: y.p.hoitink@heritas.nl