Re: Should validity be P1 or P2? (was RE: summary of resolutions from last 2 days)

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:47:39 +0100
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

On 21/06/05, Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com
> Thus, I can live with a requirement at level 1 that my code
> is well-formed - that is good coding practice and can help
> accessibility.   I can not live with a requirement for
> completely VALID code at level 1.

That doesn't make sense for SGML languages like HTML, or are we
redefining the meaning of well-formed? Everyone seems to have the same
definition for valid - it's what we consider "little" errors that's
causing disagreement.

> If the requirement for valid code that conforms to a DTD is required
> at Level 1, I would not be able to use the DHTML roadmap to create
> a more accessible page!

That's what I thought the get out clause was for, or is the get out
clause not applicable at level 1?

Best regards,

Gez

--