Re: HTML/XHTML, mime-types, Strict & Transitional [was Re: Semantics]

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 03:13:30PM +0200, Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:

>     David:
>     I don't see why the use of <applet> and <embed> would require that
>     section to be renamed (although I agree that Markup Techniques is
>     better). Both elements exist just as much in XHTML 1.0 as XHTML 4.01
>     (i.e. <applet> is only in Transitional and <embed> doesn't appear at
>     all).
>
> Roberto:

I know, but I fail to see what this has to do with the differences
between XHTML and HTML.

> script used for new windows can blocked also by popup
> blocker, target attribute cannot.

Yes it can, I do it myself.

However, I'm not sure that allowing something with inherent
accessibility is a good idea just becuase user's can block it (if they
know enough about their browser).