RE: RE 3.1 proposal - first half 2

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:39:11 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> RE Wording of "Mechanism for locating definition"
>
> Therefore suggest this guideline be re-written as for those languages
> where a free and stable online dictionary of the language exists.

The mechanism for locating a definition is to use your own dictionary.
It's not to impose a requirement on me the author to give you one. Do we
also have to write browsers for people?

GV:  Technical or proprietary terms (e.g. StickyKeys) may not be in any
dictionary that a user would have access to without the author pointing them
to it.   Even terms for a field may not be known to people outside that
field.