RE: RE 3.1 proposal - first half

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:35:31 -0500
To: "'WAI-GL'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> RE Cascading Dictionary

> Thus, we should not put the cascading dictionary into the standard if
> there are no implementations of it.  Toward that end I suggest that
> those interested in exploring this approach form a subgroup and
> actually come up with three implementations at three different
> websites to demonstrate practicality.

Do you mean *invent* or *locate* three different sites?

And keep in mind our skill-testing question in all linguistics-related
guidelines: Can I make this work right now in Maltese or Estonian?

GV:  create of course.   As with any new technique (or web technology) you
want independent implementations but you don't have implementations before
you create the technique.

RE Maltese or Estonian  - they are covered because SC only applies to
languages for which the resources exist.