Re: JavaScript action example

From: <Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 13:55:20 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

While this is a good example for action, it may also be a good example of
why not to set focus to an item in the middle of the page!  With JAWS I
immediately hear the user name edit field spoken but don't get the other
information about being registered or not.  Also, using just the keyboard
I could never get focus to the radio button in order to change it.  I
could, however, navigate to the radio and change it using JAWS.  I'm not
sure why?  There is a span around the form containing the radio and that
form element has no action - I don't know if that is the issue or not.
Always curious!

-becky

Becky Gibson
Web Accessibility Architect