Re: working definition of baseline

Alan Chuter writes:

 > Some comments and a suggestion.
 >
 > I would have said "only with these technologies is accessibility ensured"
 > but the GLs don't _ensure_ or guarantee accessibility.

I think there's a confusion here arising from the use of the word
"access" in the proposed definition.

The baseline is not intended to define a set of technologies that
assure or even promote accessibility. Instead, it is supposed to be
the set of technologies all of which are required to be supported by a
user agent in order for the content to be operative at all. In other
words, these are the core, minimum technologies that a user agent
needs so as to render and allow the user to interact with the content.

I think we should rework the definition yet again to remove the word
"access" to avoid misinterpretations.