Fwd: Re: Proposal for 4.2, Ensure that user interfaces are accessible

Oops - I forgot to cc the mailing list on this response...

Forwarded message 1

  • From: lguarino@adobe.com <lguarino@adobe.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:46:55 -0700
  • Subject: Re: Proposal for 4.2, Ensure that user interfaces are accessible
  • To: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Hmm, I guess my language was not a clear as it should have been! Let
me try again:

<proposal>
The role, state and value of every element of the web content can be
programmatically determined. If the state or value of an element can be
changed via the user interface, it can also be changed
programmatically.
</proposal>

Does this make more sense? This is trying to reflect the UAAG
checkpoints 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3, which has a similar requirement.

I don't think we ever expect the role to be changed via the user
interface.