Fwd: Re: Proposal for 4.2, Ensure that user interfaces are accessible

From: <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 06:22:51 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Oops - I forgot to cc the mailing list on this response...

attached mail follows:

Hmm, I guess my language was not a clear as it should have been! Let
me try again:

<proposal>
The role, state and value of every element of the web content can be
programmatically determined. If the state or value of an element can be
changed via the user interface, it can also be changed
programmatically.
</proposal>

Does this make more sense? This is trying to reflect the UAAG
checkpoints 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3, which has a similar requirement.

I don't think we ever expect the role to be changed via the user
interface.