Re: Issues and proposals: conformance claims

Section 1.2 of QA SpecGL [1] discusses providing the wording for
conformance claims as a good practice (1.2 Good Practice A).   Techniques,
as well, as several conformance claim templates (Forms 1 and 2) are
given.   It is also mentioned that conformance claims are closely related
to issues of logos and branding (see QA Handbook [2]).

1.2 Good Practice B of QA SpecGL discusses providing an Implementation
Conformance Statement proforma

1.2 Good Practice C of QA SpecGL discusses requiring an Implementation
Conformance Statement as part of valid conformance claims.

Would any of the previous be useful input into the current WCAG discussions?

Also, is there a commonly-agreed upon definition for "baseline" (see
reference following)?   What about "profiles"?   QA Framework [1] Glossary
defines "profile" as "a subset of a technology that is tailored to meet
specific functional requirements of a particular application community".
Is that how WCAG defines "profile"?  I couldn't find definition for
"profile" (or "baseline") in WCAG2.0 Glossary

Also, a Web resource may include multiple technologies, so would there be a
different conformance claim for each technology included in a Web
resource?   Shouldn't a conformance claim be able to be made for a Web
resource (even if the resource includes more than one technology)?

ATAG2.0 WD [3] discusses "conformance profiles" - another possible input
into discussion?

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20041122/

[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/NOTE-qa-handbook-20041122/

[3]: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-ATAG20-20041122/#Conformance-Claim