RE: [#1063] APPLET alt text and alternative content

If we declare a dtd, and this dtd is a w3c dtd, we cannot use these...

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com"<Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>
    Inviato: 21/09/04 22.47.14
    A: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: [#1063] APPLET alt text and alternative content

    Regarding a proposed HTML technique about embed and applet, Roberto Scano
    replied:
    <Roberto>
    Sorry, but embed and applet aren't elements that are not defined in any
    W3C dtd?
    </Roberto>

    I think this raises an important issue about User agent supported
    extensions.  Does Guideline 4.1,  "Use technologies according to
    specification," preclude the use of these extensions if they are
    accessible?   When I read the level 1 success criteria I am still not
    certain that embed and applet are prohibited or not?  I definitely think
    we need to make this clearer, but unfortunately I don't have any
    wordsmithing proposals.

    I am concerned about this issue because of the use of the contentEditable
    and designMode attributes that are available on block level elements in IE
    and Mozilla to implement HTML editing.  If JavaScript is enabled (and that
    is another open issue) I can make a version of an HTML editor that is
    accessible using WindowEyes.  Will this meet the 4.1 guideline?

    thanks,
    -becky

    Becky Gibson
    Web Accessibility Architect

    IBM Emerging Internet Technologies
    5 Technology Park Drive
    Westford, MA 01886
    Voice: 978 399-6101; t/l 333-6101
    Email: gibsonb@us.ibm.com

[Messaggio troncato. Toccare Modifica->Segna per il download per recuperare la restante parte.]