RE: WCAG 1.0 - checkpoint 11.4, policy and parallel web sites

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:53:19 -0500
To: "Roberto Castaldo" <r.castaldo@iol.it>, "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, "Roberto Scano \(IWA/HWG\)" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>, <ij@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, <jbrewer@w3.org>

Roberto Castaldo wrote:
Hi John, hi group

It was me (Roberto Castaldo), not Scano who answered to Gregg... How
many Robertos in this group!!! ;-)
Whoops! Sorry about that!

I am also coming to agree with the position Lisa Seaman took in a recent
post: that 11.4 *may* allow alternative *renderings* when they are
generated from a single source, for example an XML source to which
different XSLT transformations are applied.

Roberto Castaldo:
That's one of the main points against the alternative web sites; the
content source must be one and unique, the resultant web pages (or sites
in this
case) may be multiple using CSS or XSLT; all others solutions should be
explicitally forbidden because they cannot ensure that the "main" page
and the "alternative" ones have the same content and functionality.

Right. So if there's agreement that we want to preserve this requirement
in WCAG 2.0, we'll need to make sure it's in there somewhere--
presumably under 1.3?